Italian baked tuna sandwich
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Super simple. very tasty! Don't want to eat your standard tuna sub? Than this is the sandwich for you. By baking the tuna, you get a much deeper flavor and a crunchy but smooth consistency, perfect for on a sandwich!
2-4 cans skipjack tuna in olive oil
4 red onions
- Splash balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Big hands of basil
2 garlic cloves
50 gr pine nuts
Cut the onion into half rings
- Add butter and the onion to a pan and let caramelize until nice soft and sweet. When caramelized add a generous splash of balsamic vinegar. Set aside
- In a dry skillet add the pine nuts and fry until golden brown
- Mince your garlic and chop the basil
- in a mortar/blender add the garlic, basil, a few pine nuts, salt, pepper, grated parmigiano to taste and olive oil until a nice consistency.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil from the tuna and fry the tuna in it.
- Slice the tomato in big rings and cut slices of parmigiano.
- Make the sandwich by spreading a layer of pesto to the bottom piece of the baguette, followed by the onion, tomato, tuna, pine nuts, mesclun, parmigiano slices and top of with the top side of the baguette.