Caramelized onion risotto
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
1 hour 5 minutes
Super simple. Very tasty! Ever wondered what you would get when combining delicious caramelized onions with a perfect creamy risotto? I did and I am happy for that, because this a just something special! The nutty and sweet flavor of the caramelized onions and the salty goodness of the bacon with the creamy rice and crispy onions on top, are making this dish unique and very tasty!
- 400 gr risotto rice
- Beef bouillon (till rice is moist)
- 1 - 1 ½ kg onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 150 gr Parmigiano reggiano
300 gr bacon pieces
- Splash balsamic glaze
- Glas of white wine
- Slice the onion into half rings and mince the garlic
- To a pan with oil add (almost all of) the onions and garlic and fry until caramelized
- When caramelized add some thyme, balsamic glaze and stir.
- Go in with the rice and fry for some minutes
- Deglaze with some white wine
- Step by step add the beef bouillon until the rice is finished
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in grated parmigiano.
- Crisp up the bacon, low and slow
- fry some onions
- Serve and garnish with bacon and sage
Tip: serve with crunchy Italian breadcrumbs on top!