- 16 Chicken pieces of your choice (skin on and on bone)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- finger-length piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 4/5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 /5tbsp clear honey
- 4/5tbsp rice wine (dry sherry is a good alternative)
- 4 /5tsp five spice powder
In a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients, place the chicken into the bowl. Gently coat the chicken with the marinade, ensuring all of the chicken is covered. Cover the bowl, then chill for at least an hour (or up to a day if you have time).
Place the chicken onto a Twisted Chef Grill Mat allowing sufficient space between pieces. Baste occassionally with the left over marinate, which will remain on the chicken and not through the grates! Ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving.
We like to serve with Corn (still in their husks) which has also been cooked on the mat with some garlic butter drizzled over, or maybe some delicious homemade slaw!